I want to thank everyone who braved the bad weather and joined us for the 2nd annual Work Shop and Research Day on January 21st. Despite some early technical problems, we had a blast. Can you believe we had 38 people researching with us! There were a lot of new faces. Not only did some people come from the north side of the Perimeter, but we had folks from Alabama and Tennessee!
We appreciate all the feedback and the wonderful comments you left us on your evaluation forms. I am excited to plan some new classes for us this coming year.
Here are a few important announcements:
1. Due to the workshop being so late in January, we are NOT having a meeting in February.
2. The plan is to have March's meeting to be about African American Research tips and strategies. I post more information on March's class after I get it finalized.
April's meeting will be about using Google for research. "Unlock the hidden power of Google" We are going to learn how to Google Map your ancestors!!
3. The blog, ourgenealogygroup.blogspot.com has a new feature. You can enter your email on the site, you will then be notified when I make a post. FYI: Don't worry! I only post 1 or 2 times a month, so you won't be getting too many emails. If you do this, let me know and I will take you off the email list, so that you don't get double emails!
4. I have just updated the email list and contacts on the gmail account firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like to "unsubscribe" to our email list please let me know by responding to this post. Some of our members have more than one account on file, and we have some couples who have both their emails listed. So, if you need one or all of your email's removed please "reply". When I updated the email list, I may have added back in some people who have already asked me to remove them. Sorry! Again, just reply and let me know and I will take you back off.
5. As you know Rosemary has about 150 books about Genealogy in her office that we are able to use. I will have the complete list on the blog ASAP.